Old school strategies that used to work pretty well to grow a mortgage business are old news to the modern day agent. They don’t need your coffee in the morning, are on a strict grass fed dairy free diet for lunch and don’t eat out and they would rather go out with their actual friends for happy hour than a random Facebook acquaintance.
You’re going to have to bring a little more value to the table to compete in the modern era of real estate and mortgage marketing.
Here’s a question every Loan Officer should ask themselves right now — What problem do I solve for Realtors?
Look, there is a sea of loan closers out there. Guys and ladies who can close on time with a competitive rate and communicate decently.
That’s not enough anymore.
Here are a couple ideas to help you add more Realtor partners as a Loan Officer in 2023:
Some of the things Legion of Loan Officers members are doing right now with success include:
- Using “indirect battle” to not talk about mortgages but still get access to Realtors.
- Hosting live events that are fun and Realtors know they can see their friends there.
- Using the same tricks as Blacklist and Dexter use to keep us glued to the TV.
- Finding gaps in a Realtor’s business and willing to point them out.
- Getting Realtors to cover the adspend and generating leads to share.
Do you need help to add more Realtor partners as a Loan Officer?
Consider joining The Legion of Loan Officers, America’s mastermind for smart mortgage professionals.
The original video was posted on YouTube here.